This beautifully intricate girdle was inspired by a vintage French piece.
The French fashion industry was not effected so much by rationing during WWII as was the UK, which means that their designs were far more detailed in the 1940s and early 1950s.
Although The Girdle Bizarre is labelled as a size uk 16 we have found that this size fits best on waist sizes 32"/81cm to 34"/86cm with corresponding hip measurements of 41"/102.5cm to 43"/107.5cm.
Like many girdles of the 1940s and 1950s the Bizarre Girdle finishes 2 inches above your natural waist. We've added a little boning at the back of the waist to prevent it from rolling. Another common feature of vintage girdles is concealed spiral steel boning in the tummy panel, another feature we kept, to keep the girdle as period correct as possible.
There is a hook and eye fastening at the front which allows you to easily step into the girdle and do it up without too much wiggling. We have made this girdle true to modern sizing, so expect it to fit in line with our other pieces.
* Accentuate your curves in decadent vintage style with our Bizarre Girdle
* Inspired by a mid 20th century French design
* Medium control power mesh to trim your tummy, hips and derriere
* Hook and eye fastening at front for ease of wear
* Concealed metal spiral steel boning under tummy panel
* 6 metal clip suspenders keeping your nylons in place
* Made from satin 100% polyester, powermesh 88% polyamide 12% spandex